Getting to Know Google Web Analytics
Google Web Analytics can be considered to be among the most widely used website tool. Anyone can use this service at no cost at all. But before we go any further, we will first talk about what is Google Web Analytics all about.
Google Web Analytics or GA in short, is a service Google offers for marketers which can produce a detailed report about a website’s performance. As a matter of fact, more than half of today’s leading websites utilize GA.
Before anything else, one will be required to open a Google Analytics account. Next, place the tracking code which was generated by Google Web Analytics to the header or footer of every page of your website. As the web crawlers begin their indexing, data will also start to be collected in your account.
If you want to access this information, then log on to your Google Web Analytics account to visit your dashboard. Basically, the system can provide up to 140 reports. Among these reports are:
- Site usage – A pictorial depiction of the visits on daily basis that your website has got in the earlier month (this covers total number of page views, number of page per visit, and how long each visit lasts.
- Bounce rate – this records the total number of visitors that reached your home page but did not visit other pages later.
- Traffic sources – at this part, you can learn how were able to reach your website. There can be 3 ways: Direct (addresses which have been typed in the address box directly), Organic (link has been clicked from the varied results from the search engines), and major referrals (obtained from websites that have links directed to your website.
- Map overlay – this provides a topographical view of all of your visits. If you try clicking on ‘View report,’ you delve in deeper to more specific details such as state and city-level information about the visitor.
- Content overview – in just one look, you can view the page with most number of visitors.
Google Web Analytics is definitely a helpful tool for web page optimization and in the first place, backing up small and starting internet marketers is what Google Analytics is all about. To begin with, GA members can learn the ways people will be ale to reach your website. This can even narrow down into keyword level; that is, you will know what are the keywords they key in order to reach you page. In the second place, analyzing the stats will tell you if your SEO techniques are effective or not. In addition to that, you can also be able to point out which pages are in need for more SEO efforts. Most of all, Google Web Analytics is at the house! Additionally, you can also make use of this with other Google web services such as Google AdSense.Furthermore, other Google web services can be mixed together with GA.
If you want to learn more technical computer related stuff for your business, you might want to consider getting The Tech Recipe Guide. The guide contains compiled instructions of tasks that may come in handy when making an online presence for your business. The explanations are very detailed so that computer newbies will be able to comprehend it with ease.